June 19, 2014
Here Is What Was...
A quick recap of our recently concluded continental spring living room tour:
* 14,000 miles (are we there yet?)
* 48 shows (TCB)
* 6 mountain passes (none named Caradhras... jorth)
* 5 rental vehicles (seriously?)
* 5 amplifiers (seriously.)
* 4 treks across the Mississippi River (mighty, muddy)
* 3 morel hunts (empty handed)
* 2 oceans (neither named Billy)
* 2 Chicago deep-dish pizzas (cheesy dreams)
* 1 llama tattoo (trademark pending)
* 1 vehicle smash & grab (doubleplusungood)
* 1 Hedwig & The Angry Inch show (doubleplusgood!)
* 1 April snow storm (no foolin'!)
* 1 Petroglyph National Park visit (retro)
* 1 Hank Williams' gravesite hang (hey, good lookin'!)
* 1 Dayton Air Force Museum dash (D-Day, folks. Thank a vet!)
* 1 Airstream slumber party (sweet dreams)
* 1 moonshine-filled night under the stars (fuzzy dreams)
* A multitude of inspiring new friends & familiar faces (the best, ever)...
For all the hosts who opened doors & hearts & homes for love of song, for stalwart friends, for tireless promoters & organizers far & wide, for the collective generosity of so many incredible people, we say--nay--shout THANK YOU!
You made our spring magical. These shows may have been unplugged, but every night felt electrified.
Enjoy your summer, good people. We'll see you in the fall.